Friday, March 18, 2016

Lifeguarding






Now that my soccer schedule has been easing up and school work was only been involving review work. I decided to look for a job. I've had my lifeguard license for four years now but I haven't really put it to use until now. I found a job opening at the Venetian Pool that will give me an opportunity to exercise my skills and get paid a decent amount for the time being. 
Training started on Tuesday and ends tomorrow (Saturday) from 4pm to 9pm. The first day of training I didn't think much of it and thought I was going to fly by this class. The class stated with 9 people and now on the fourth day was have 5 people left. my instructor, Michael, is no joke. On the first day three students came in four minutes late and made them do 20 pushups each. He also insisted that we say our names before we answer a question or ask a question, if not 10 pushups. On the second day of training Michael heard someone blowing their whistle after class the night before after he specifically told us not to blow our whistles unless he tells us or in an emergency. Our punishment was a 2min plank and pushups on his count, then we went to the sandy area of the pool and dug our whistles into the sand, ran a sprint, find our whistles in the sand, then blow two emergency whistles, we did this about four times. From that point on nobody dared to blow their whistles for entertainment.  

Overall after all the reviewing I feel that I am doing all the skill work correctly and actually understanding all of the techniques, Michael has been teaching me and am fully prepared for my exam on Saturday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Being a life guard always seemed like fun to me. I hope you enjoy your new job

    ReplyDelete